Monday, October 3, 2011

Things are Stirring.......

Mid-Ohio Con is nearly upon us and I am SOOOO close to being ready. I've been gathering my minions (business cards, banners, prints, etc.) from all corners of the U.S. in preparation for making my first foray into the convention world an enjoyable (and hopefully successful) one! More exciting news to come!

But to prevent this post from being a total teaser, John Struan, creator of the "Super Punch Blog", asked me to contribute a piece of art to his "American Gods Art Jam" which just went up today. American Gods is a novel by famed author Neil Gaiman set in a world where mythological beings and gods exist purely because people believe in them. In the book, the Egyptian god of the dead, Anubis, takes the form of a modern day funeral director. Though I have not read the book, I really liked that idea, and decided to base my entry on that. Check out all the other interesting artwork inspired by this book over at SUPER PUNCH BLOG! Many thanks to John for the opportunity to join in on the fun.

1 comment:

D.R. Hovey said...

Sick, man. I recommend the book, it's a really interesting journey. I really like the monotone darkness of this piece, I've tried doing a dark gloomy piece for some time without success. Just a mention, but the leveling in the composition looks sort of like those cell phone commercials where everything mimics the 'four bars' signal strength. I was trying to find an example, but I couldn't, hope that makes sense.